(PAY BY INVOICE)
Purchase Course (Whole school/settings)
During this course, I will highlight the core elements of learning to write - both compositional and transcriptional and provide guidance to enable delegates to feel confident in evaluating and improving their own and others’ practice in this area.
The training will be interspersed with numerous real examples from my work that illustrate how drawing upon what children naturally choose to do, and tuning into their preoccupations, can light the fire of desire for writing in young children, and is key to improving outcomes in this area.
During this session, you will:
- Consider the key elements needed to become a confident and effective early writer.
- Review your curriculum for writing to ensure it is broad, balanced and carefully sequenced.
- Explore the role of language and physical development in becoming a writer and ways of supporting this through play and playful learning.
- Become familiar with the developmental stages of emergent writing
- Learn how to use this knowledge to assess children’s writing development and identify potential next steps in their learning
- Consider the role of the adult in both adult-led and child-initiated mark-making/writing experiences.
- Learn how adults can sensitively shape children’s writing skills through high quality interactions in their everyday play experiences.
- Develop effective strategies for engaging all children in meaningful writing opportunities that make sense and matter to them.
- Consider the types of mark making and writing experiences that inspire children and enhance their play, rather than curtail it.
- See real examples of inspirational practice from a range of schools and settings
This product is for a school licence. Only up to 10 people can view the training. If you wish to purchase a licence for more than 10 viewers, or a MAT or Local Authority licence please contact me here: [email protected]
Once you have signed up with your login details, please check your inbox including the spam folder for an email with further instructions.
Every delegate must complete the form in your email to receive access to the programme.
This course automatically expires 6 months from the date of purchase.
If you have any problem with this order, email here: [email protected]