How to be a Dynamic and Highly Effective Leader of an Early Years Team
Leading a team in the early years is a multi-faceted role. Not only do leaders require a strong working understanding of statutory requirements and policy, but they also need to have an excellent knowledge of curriculum, child development and early years pedagogy, as well as the ability to disseminate this knowledge effectively to others.
A great leader needs to be both creative in terms of their thinking, but also highly analytical, in order to distil information and use it to plan ways forward.
Finally, a leader needs to tread that fine line between support and challenge, inspiring others to be the best they can be, whilst also establishing clear expectations for quality and impact. All this and so much more, and yet many leaders in the early years report never having had any formal training at all for the role!
This course is intended to compensate for this for and provides a practical toolkit for both established and new leaders to draw upon in their roles. It provides appearances from those leading successfully on the ground, sharing what they have learnt, as well as lots of practical tips from me about the things I wish I’d known as a leader!
What is included:
- 4 x 15 minute seminars (approximately) in each module.
- Three modules are currently available in this course
- Each module takes around 1.5 hrs to work through with pauses for tasks, reflection and action planning.
- Downloadable handouts where applicable.
- Certificates are available on completion of each module.
You will have unlimited access to the purchased module or course for 6 months.
Purchase Full Course
You have the option to purchase the full course for an Individual licence (for one person only) or purchase a School/ Setting licence (for up to 10 people).
Purchase License To View One Module
You have the option to purchase a license for an Individual to view the module (for one person only) or purchase a School or setting licence (up to 10 people to view).
Module One: Leadership Essentials
In Module One you will:
- Consider the key skills and characteristics needed to be an effective leader
and how to develop these.
- Learn the importance of developing a shared team vision and the key steps
to take, in order to do this.
- Understand how to adapt your leadership style to different situations and
- Explore how best to ensure impact from your leadership
Module Two: Leading Improvement
In Module 2 you will:
• Learn how to evaluate quality in the early years and establishi priorities for
• Hear tried and tested implementation strategies for improving quality in
teaching and learning.
• Improve your own professional knowledge in terms of curriculum content
knowledge and pedagogical knowledge.
• Identify strengths and gaps knowledge and practice of yourself and your team
and know how to access or provide further support.
Module Three: Leading with Confidence
In Module 3 you will:
- Learn how to inspire the team that you are leading
- Understand Imposter Syndrome and how to banish it!
- Receive a clear model for how to plan impactful and inspiring presentations
for staff meetings, training days, parent workshops and interviews.
- Gain tips from a professional TV presenter on how to come across
confidently and clearly when presenting to others.